Sunday, February 16, 2014

To The Girl Who Left Too Soon

You had so much potential. You knew what you wanted to do, and you were going for it head-on. So why did you get into that car? We went to the same high school, I know you heard all of those speeches before prom about how drunk driving ruined peoples lives, and I know that those people crossed your mind that night, even if just for a split second. I just wish I would have known. I wish that some how I could have been told that the last time we saw each other would be the last time we would ever speak. I would have told you what a wonderful person you had become and how much I looked up to you in high school. I would have told you how highly your sister and all of her friends think of you. Not that any of those words would save your life, but at least you would know that you were a role model and that people were looking at you for guidance. Maybe that would have prevented you from not only getting into a car with an intoxicated driver, but not even buckling your seat belt. But, I didn't, so now you're gone and I never got to tell you just how great you truly are. I hope you know now how many people truly cared about you. The line outside the funeral home during your wake went on for hours, and the temperature that night was a single digit. You truly had an impact on hundreds of peoples lives. I think about you and your family every day. I can't imagine what they have been going through for the past few months. I want so badly to do something to help, but I know that nothing will ever fix the pain that they feel or fill the void that you left. All we can do is keep living our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment